3 lbjointed and skinned chicken 1/2 t turmeric powder 1/2 t cayenne pepper 1 pnto taste salt 4 T oil, canola 4 eachopped small onion, white 1 cfresh, coarsely chopped cilantro 2 eainches finely shreaded ginger root 2 t cumin seeds 1/2 eafinely chopped chillies - green 5 T yogurt - natural plain 5 T cream - heavy 1/2 t corn starch
1. Rub the chicken peices with the turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken in batches until both sides are sealed. Remove to a plate and keep hot.
2. Reheat the oil remaining in the pan and add 3 of the chopped onions, most of the fresh cilantro, half the ginger, the green chillies and the cumin seeds and fry until the onions are translucent.
3. Return the chicken to the pan with any juices and mix well. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool a little. Mix the yogurt, cream, and corn starch in a bowl and gradually fold into the chicken, mixing well.
5. Return the pan to the heat and cook gently until the chicken is tender. Just before searving, stir in the reserved onion, cilantro, and ginger. Spoon into a bowl and serve hot.